- Rest: The first treatment for most common conditions that cause knee pain is to rest the joint, avoid doing heavy work.
- Icing the knee reduces swelling. Most authorities recommend icing the knee 2-3 times a day
- Prop your leg up when you are sitting, which naturally elevates the legs and helps to reduce swelling.
- Use the pad or bandage over the knee cap, these items easily available in any medical shop. It gives support to the knee and reduces the swelling.
- Keep pillow under your knees.
Exercise for knees
- Raise the leg holding the thigh and try to push up and down the leg at least 10 times.
- Remain in the same position move the knee in circular way.
- Sit with legs out straight and bend the knees back and forward.
- Do Vajrasan or Paadasan for 5 min.
- Lying on the stomach, bend involved knee up and rotate in circular motion for 10 times.
Lye on back with legs out straight, raise one leg up at 90 degree position and bring down and raise another leg same as before. Repeat this process 5 times.