Vitamin B9 or Folic acid is required for proper functioning of liver | Sources of Vitamin B9
Liver is the most important organ of human body and every person should take 400 micrograms of B9 vitamin or Folic acid for the health of the liver. Pregnant women will need 600 micrograms of folic acid per a day for developing of brain and spine of fetus. B9 plays an important role in forming DNA and RNA. Latest studies have revealed that if folic acid is made part of daily diet in required dosage, the risk of Alzheimer’s and heart diseases can be reduced.
Food sources of Vitamin B9 are –
Papaya – 116micrograms
One cup of orange juice – 7.2micrograms
One cup of boiled groundnuts – 87.53micrograms
One cup of boiled peas – 56 micrograms
One cup of spinach – 179micrograms
One cauliflower – 54 micrograms
Folic acid is also available in beans, corn, sesame seeds and Soya. Folic acid should not be taken more than 800micrograms per day as it leads to deficiency of B12 and affects the working of brain.
Consuming tea is healthier than coffee consumption | Tea has anti oxidative, anti microbial, anti ageing and anti stress properties.
Some people like to drink tea and some like coffee. When compared to coffee, Tea is good for health, according to scientists.
- Caffeine levels in a cup of coffee are more when compared to a cup of tea.
- Theanine which keeps us active is present both in coffee and tea but bad effects of Theanine are more because of coffee than in tea.
- Latest studies revealed that in those who are consuming tea since long time density of bones is more. Risk of heart attack also gets reduced by 21% if 3 cups of tea every day.
- Polyphenols present in green tea prevent the growth of cancer cells. More powerful polyphenols in white tea present large intestine cancer. They also prevent bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Black tea should be consumed to control the levels of cortisol hormone. The risk of stomach cancer, lung cancer, cataract, Arthritis and heart diseases is reduced with daily consumption of black tea.
- According to the studies of National Tea Research Foundation, tea has anti oxidative, anti microbial, anti ageing and anti stress properties.
Functioning of liver can be improved by adding juice of Tulasi to tea. This also improved immunity and gastrointestinal problems also are reduced.